How Much Can a 2023 Chevy Traverse Tow?
If you’re searching for a hard-working SUV that’ll serve you well as you travel throughout Sykesville, the 2023 Chevy Traverse won’t disappoint. Furnished with a robust engine, the 2023 Chevy Traverse towing capacity reaches up to 5,000 pounds. When you need capable towing power for your weekend adventures and family vacations around Hanover, PA, the new Chevy Traverse will deliver. Below, you can learn more about the Chevy Traverse towing capabilities and equipment, so you can decide if it’s the right SUV for your needs.
2023 Chevrolet Traverse Towing Capacity & Equipment
With the proper equipment, the 2023 Chevrolet Traverse tows up to 5,000 pounds. When you have the trailer package equipped on your Chevy Traverse, you’ll get the following tools for safer towing around Hanover, PA:
- Trailer hitch that lets you tow a boat or trailer up to 5,000 pounds
- Heavy-duty cooling system that helps keep the engine cool and prevent overheating under heavy loads
2023 Chevrolet Traverse: Engine & Tow-Friendly Features
You can find the 2023 Chevy Traverse in six trim levels: LS, LT Cloth, LT Leather, RS, Premier, and High Country. All of the trim levels come equipped with a 3.6L V6 engine that generates 310 hp and 266 lb-ft of torque. The engine is paired with a 9-speed automatic transmission that allows you to shift smoothly on Westminster roads. The Chevy Traverse also includes these features for easier towing:
- Tow/Haul Mode: The Driver Mode Selector dial features a Tow/Haul mode that automatically adjusts the transmission shift points. This makes towing easier for you. When you accelerate, the transmission will remain in a lower gear for a longer period of time to deliver more torque. When traveling downhill, the transmission will downshift so you can retain your speed without relying as much on the brakes.
- Available Hitch Guidance: When you’re reversing, this feature displays guidance lines on the live feed from the rearview camera. This makes it easier to line up the hitch and trailer.
- Available Hitch Guidance with Hitch View: Coupled with the guidance lines, Hitch View provides a close-up look at the trailer hitch when you’re backing up. When you’re on the road, you can also see the trailer connection point via the rearview camera, so you can make sure everything is order while you travel.
Test Drive the 2023 Chevy Traverse at Len Stoler Chevrolet!
So, what can a 2023 Chevy Traverse tow? Thanks to its towing capability of 5,000 pounds, the Chevy Traverse can tow everything from motorcycles to a pop-up camper to an enclosed utility trailer. If you’re ready to experience a new Chevy Traverse for yourself, contact us online or call us at (443) 391-5994 to schedule a test drive. In the meantime, check out our Chevy research hub for even more information about the latest Chevy models.
More from Len Stoler Chevrolet
The new Chevrolet Silverado 1500 sets drives up for success, whether they need a capable everyday ride or a hard-working truck for the job sites around Sykesville. Year after year, the Chevy Silverado 1500 continues to impress drivers throughout Westminster, especially as it’s one of the most affordable trucks on the market. The 2023…
The 2023 Chevy Traverse interior offers the space and features you need to travel around Sykesville in comfort. The new Chevy Traverse provides everything you’d expect from a midsize SUV — and more. Read on to learn more about the 2023 Chevy Traverse cargo space, interior, and dimensions with Len Stoler Chevrolet. Compare to 2023…
Searching for an SUV that’s roomy and full of the latest features from Chevy? The 2023 Chevrolet Equinox has recently arrived on the scene for the new model year. It’s as spacious and well-equipped as ever, and remains a great choice for Sykesville drivers who need the cost-effectiveness and versatility of a compact SUV….